TomTom Home will not start

I installed TomTom Home V2.7.6.2056 on my PC running Vista. It was a clean install as I used REVO uninstaller set to the Advanced level of mode to clear the previous version.
When I ran TTH for the first time I was given the language choice option followed by the EULA which I agreed to. Then - nothing. Subsequently when I tried to run TTH the splash screen was displayed for about 1 minute and then nothing. I have booted and rebboted and I get exactly the same results.
Any suggestions please?

When you used Revo, did you drill right down into the registry and remove any reference to Home? I know you say you set to Advanced but you still have to carry through all the steps.....

There were no references to TomTom left in the Registry when I finished and the files in my profile ../AppData/Roaming/TomTom were all deleted.

When you used Revo, did you drill right down into the registry and remove any reference to Home? I know you say you set to Advanced but you still have to carry through all the steps.....

Try this:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

In the window that opens up, scroll down and tomtomhomerunner should be listed there (the name will be slightly different than I showed) and it should be showing as 'automatic'

There's a TomTomHOMEService service running and Startup Type is Automatic. That's the only TomTom service running.

Try this:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

In the window that opens up, scroll down and tomtomhomerunner should be listed there (the name will be slightly different than I showed) and it should be showing as 'automatic'

I've just had something very strange happen. TTH started of its own accord. I had not clicked anything. The PC hibernated overnight. It is almost 24 hours since I tried to get it running in XP compatibility mode without success. Then the application ran with all the options. Very, very strange. I closed it down since I did not need it and there are 3 processes still running, TTHTunner, TTHRuntime and TTHService.

Other than trying the whole Revo Uninstall and install of Home again (but get Home from THIS link), I don't know what else to suggest........

When you close the Home screen, it really doesn't shut down but resides in the notification area as an icon (I hate that it does that!). You have to right click the icon and select exit to truly stop it running.

If homerun service is set to automatic, it'll still appear as a process even when Home is truly shut down.

can't get Home to connect/update

I got the error message below when I tried to update my 630. I had not used TTH for about 4 months. I uninstalled TTH and installed a new version directly from TT.com.
It is ver 2.7.62065. I get the same timed out message when I try to update my TT.

the good news is that I was very happy with my 630 yesterday on a 17 hour drive up and down the east cast yesterday. (Hartford, ct to Stevensville, MD to Brooklyn, ny and back to Hartford.) Having the GPS was very helpful

ERROR: 2152398862/#https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 01:10:55 GMT

That error means the server wasnt available. Try again as sometimes there are server outages.

Ask a Question