TomTom Go 630 in 2009 Civic Si Sedan

TomTom Model(s)
Go 630
Hey Everybody!

Anybody who owns a 2006+ Civic will know how deep the windshield is. Which means one of two things: Cords hanging from mid windshield or mount it somewhere else. (and the 630's mount is too short to put on the corner windows)

I had contemplated the Ram-Mount (or similar) but didnt have the extra cash and didnt want to do anything permanent that would be visible.

After much deliberation, I decided to mount my Go 630 at crotch level... (Utilizing the stock windshield mount and sticky disk. )

I know its not as good as eye level, but really, there isnt much area that you can put it and utilize the stock mount.

But I like it, its it helps with glare, puts everything at a "natural" arms reach, and hides the wires from view!

IMG00171.jpg

IMG00172.jpg

IMG00174.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! :)

Very clean! I like it... I tried to do that exact mounting in my Mercedes but the surface of the storage compartment was too rough so the disc wouldn't stick to it.

That's just how I mounted mine. But I couldn't get the mount to stick. Then I found that the panel on the roof of that little compartment detaches, and that allowed me to slap it on a drill press, drill some holes in both the stock suction mount and the panel and bolt the mount to the panel. It doesn't come off now!

Since Honda only gives you one 12V outlet in the Civic, I bought a little insert that plugs all the way into the 12V plug without extending out further. It outputs to 2 USB jacks. This allows you to use a short (like 12") USB Micro-A cord instead of the bulky, stock TomTom 12V power supply. Much neater that way.

I use the second USB jack to power a Bluetooth receiver plugged into my car stereo aux jack. This lets me use the Tomtom for my handsfree and the Bluetooth receiver for my wireless music.

Klebs,
Maryland

tomtom1.jpg

tomtom2.jpg

Ask a Question