TomTom GO 510 Endless reboot

Hi, I just converted my 510 to a 710 using some of the software on the first page of this forum. I was then able to install firmware 7.161 through TomTom Home. I then downloaded a copy of map USA and Canada v715.1712 and installed it successfully.

The unit seemed to be working fine until I docked it in my car. When I turn off my car, the unit shuts down as it is supposed to, but when the unit finally turns off, it immediately turns back on, and boots back up. Even if I manually turn it back off, it turns back on again. I've reset the device a few times, but it still has the same problem. It also may be worth noting when it turns back on, it shows the progress bar screen as if I had just put in the SD card.

Has anyone had this issue or have any clue as to what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine just started

Hi, I just converted my 510 to a 710 using some of the software on the first page of this forum. I was then able to install firmware 7.161 through TomTom Home. I then downloaded a copy of map USA and Canada v715.1712 and installed it successfully.

The unit seemed to be working fine until I docked it in my car. When I turn off my car, the unit shuts down as it is supposed to, but when the unit finally turns off, it immediately turns back on, and boots back up. Even if I manually turn it back off, it turns back on again. I've reset the device a few times, but it still has the same problem. It also may be worth noting when it turns back on, it shows the progress bar screen as if I had just put in the SD card.

Has anyone had this issue or have any clue as to what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Have you resolved this re-booting issue. My just started doing the same thing after I uploaded the new Maps. HELP!!!!

Ask a Question