tomtom does not keep it setting or configuration

I have been having problems with my tom tom keeping its setting either when i dock to my computer or when i turn it on sometimes i will have my car icon other times i will have the blue arrow does anyone no why this happen or why it switches . It also happens with my short cuts it always changes when i turn it on. Does anyone no why this happen and to stop it from changing

I have been having problems with my tom tom keeping its setting either when i dock to my computer or when i turn it on sometimes i will have my car icon other times i will have the blue arrow does anyone no why this happen or why it switches . It also happens with my short cuts it always changes when i turn it on. Does anyone no why this happen and to stop it from changing

Try the Clear Flash tool here:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4

While it doesn't specifically mention the 720 model, it's been known to work. It does not delete any files.

The clear flash tool cannot help here. It can only help in cases where there have a been a large number of maps on a single device. That device then has too many map activation files and they fill flash mem.

It does delete files. It deletes everything stored in flash memory. It is not a panacea for every problem.

keyshawn, how much free space do you have left on your device/card? The settings need to be stored. If you don't have room, they can't be. You haven't got the SD card write-locked have you?

The clear flash tool cannot help here. It can only help in cases where there have a been a large number of maps on a single device. That device then has too many map activation files and they fill flash mem.

It does delete files. It deletes everything stored in flash memory. It is not a panacea for every problem.

Your experience with the tool does not match mine.

Are you noticing the change when you use virtual Tom Tom on HOME?

Pedro, I think you may have hit upon the problem. For months, TTHome has had a glitch where, when the user docks his/her unit and runs TTHome, settings on the unit sometimes get lost. Known issue; no resolution with software upgrades. The british forums refer to this problem frequently.

Good catch.......

Pedro, I think you may have hit upon the problem. For months, TTHome has had a glitch where, when the user docks his/her unit and runs TTHome, settings on the unit sometimes get lost. Known issue; no resolution with software upgrades. The british forums refer to this problem frequently.

Good catch.......

Thanks, I notice this too. I tend not to use Virtual TT unless I have to.

i also have problems when docking my TT 720 to my laptop. it reconfigures my "quick menu" selections when i run TT Home. Any Fixes for this yet???

This is a problem when using virtual TomTom, You may want to contact TT Support and report the bug.
Currently there is no fix. If I do use virtual TomTom I am prepared to fix my quickmenu.

Ask a Question