tomtom battery question

While TomTom says a battery should last 'up to' 5 hours, the reality is that if you get half that length, you're doing well. There are battery saving preferences you can adjust. Bluetooth also causes a big drain.

How long to charge? Good question. I know the instructions when you first get the unit say to charge for 2-4 hours.

When new, my GO 630 would last @ 1 1/2 hours on a full charge. Now 7 months later I'm lucky if I get 40 minutes on a full charge. These times were based on navigating on a more or less continuous basis. I've also tested the battery by just leaving the unit on and it craps out after @ 70 minutes. This seems to have started happening after the app upgrade to 8.3xx. I've also noticed that upon unplugging the USB charger the green charge line in the battery display immediately drops @ 10-15 %. Is it possible that TomTom mucked up the battery monitoring code?

I suspect the latest application results in a false battery value, as you noted.

Ask a Question