Tomtom Autostarts

Not sure if there is any auto startup, but from time to time my unit will just autostart with no notice. I just noticed this after the first major update to the unit in which they added the ability to change your symbol.

Thanks,
Nick

Tomtom One 3rd Edition

There are many users with various models of TomTom plagued by the autostart problem after updating to firmware 8.010

I've had my TomTom One 3rd Edition since June running firmware 8.010. Last night was the first time it turned itself on. I haven't changed or updated anything in a month or so. Strange why now it starts doing that.

There are many users with various models of TomTom plagued by the autostart problem after updating to firmware 8.010

A great "undocumented feature". I guess they'll hopefully fix the bug in the next firmware.

I've had my TomTom One 3rd Edition since June running firmware 8.010. Last night was the first time it turned itself on. I haven't changed or updated anything in a month or so. Strange why now it starts doing that.

Do you by any chance have a route that you could clear in your unit?

Do you by any chance have a route that you could clear in your unit?

No, there was no route planned. I did, however, last Saturday add a Point Of Interest. My TomTom is kept in the house when not in use and I actually saw it turn on while I was watching TV. And, no, I wasn't using the TV remote at the time... lol

Think it was a guy in a Brit forum who reported he had his unit in this shirt pocket while standing at the urinal doing his business....

Suddenly, the unit turned on and he heard "Turn around when possible" !! :D :p

Ask a Question