TomTom 740 and Computer Crash

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 740
Was just wondering if anyone has ever had their computer crash when hooking up the TomTom Go 740??? Mine just started doing it today when hooking up the 740 and once making the connection will crash Vista with a blue memory dump screen. The computer will proceed to reboot and will reboot up to the desktop with no further problems and then can go ahead and run home with no problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

The bluescreen is a symptom of tons of problems. If possible, can you write down and post the first couple of lines of what shows up on the blue screen? It'll help in troubleshooting.

I haven't yet downgraded to Vista from XP, so I'm not as savvy in troubleshooting that OS, but I'll try.

The bluescreen is a symptom of tons of problems. If possible, can you write down and post the first couple of lines of what shows up on the blue screen? It'll help in troubleshooting.

I haven't yet downgraded to Vista from XP, so I'm not as savvy in troubleshooting that OS, but I'll try.

The last couple of times that I have hooked up my tomtom it hasnt happened....but the next time I get that error when I connect the pnd Ill take a snapshot of it and post it.......thank you.....

Ask a Question