TomTom 730 is frozen

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
I bought the GO 730 on Black Friday and everything ran fine including the bluetooth until the first time that I installed the CD on on the computer and attached the TT to update it, (I did not do a backup..ironically enough as I am kind of a nut about following directions, I never saw anything saying to do a backup before I installed the CD and attached the TT to the computer). I installed the recommended updates, closed everything the way it said to, and the TT hasn't worked since then. It freezes on the start up screen. I have gone to the online help, followed all the suggestions, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, done too many soft reboots to count, checked the drive on the device itself as recommended...nothing works. Any suggestions for what I can do to restore? Thanks

Nothing here help? Including links at bottom?

If not and you can access the unit using Explorer, make a complete Explorer backup now. Don't use Home. Once done, format the internal storage, don't use quickformat. Then use Explorer to restore your backup.

I bought the GO 730 on Black Friday and everything ran fine including the bluetooth until the first time that I installed the CD on on the computer and attached the TT to update it, (I did not do a backup..ironically enough as I am kind of a nut about following directions, I never saw anything saying to do a backup before I installed the CD and attached the TT to the computer). I installed the recommended updates, closed everything the way it said to, and the TT hasn't worked since then. It freezes on the start up screen. I have gone to the online help, followed all the suggestions, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, done too many soft reboots to count, checked the drive on the device itself as recommended...nothing works. Any suggestions for what I can do to restore? Thanks

I bought one from Argos (UK) and am having problems??

Are we in the same boat?

Ask a Question