TomTom 510 snags...

TomTom Model(s)
Okay, so here's my first post.

After trying out a Garmin 273 and a Garmin 60cs, I recently decided to go for a TomTom 510. Although I'm so far quite happy with it, there are a couple of issues that I'd like to sort out:

When I heard it's illegal to mount a GPS on the windscreen in California (and since I seem to a magnet for the local law-enforcement), I went ahead and mounted the unit down below the dashboard (see pic.). Unfortunately, now this silly thing thinks it's dark all the time and hence sets itself permanently in Night mode. Is there a way to set the sensor's sensitivity and/or tell it when it's daytime?

I also wonder if there are additional Map colors. The ones I tend to like have either the street names white-on-bright or the street outlines aren't very distinctive (Astra).

Any help appreciated,

-- peer

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 275
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can find some colour schemes here in the forum which you can freely download. If you want a more hands-on approach you can create your own scheme using this program - Link.

Sorry, I don't know the answer for your first question. I was thinking you can install Suntime but it doesn't look like a good idea.

lec510 wrote:
> Go to 'Change Preferences' menu.

Well, I think you misread my post -- what I tried to say was that I'm not happy with any of those preset color schemes that come with the device.

-- peer

digital-flex wrote:
> You can find some colour schemes here in the forum
> which you can freely download.

As I'm a newbee here, I beg you to tell me how & where I can find those schemes.

-- peer

Ask a Question