TomTom 510 and Cingular 8700c w/ 4.2.1.96 OS

I now have the latest 4.2.1.96 OS on my 8700c and I am trying to connect to my TomTom. I can connect via bluetooth and make / receive calls with no problem but I cannot seem to get the data services to work. I have been working on this for 3 days (searching all over the net) with no luck on how to get this to work.

I have seen where many get their 8100's and so forth to work but my TomTom is not getting a connection with the GPRS on my 8700c.

Can anyone lead me down the right now or direct me to a place that might have this info? I have used many combo's for the login script, APN and so forth but still with no luck. Here are all that I have tried (I will just put them next to each other for ease of seeing what I have entered)

APN: wap.cingular and have used isp.cingular
User Name: have used nothing, used my email addy and also
Password: CINGULAR1

Login Script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular" - alsu used at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

Password: Have used both *99# and *99***1#

I have also used all combo's of the above. Is there something I am missing?

I now have the latest 4.2.1.96 OS on my 8700c and I am trying to connect to my TomTom. I can connect via bluetooth and make / receive calls with no problem but I cannot seem to get the data services to work. I have been working on this for 3 days (searching all over the net) with no luck on how to get this to work.

I have seen where many get their 8100's and so forth to work but my TomTom is not getting a connection with the GPRS on my 8700c.

Can anyone lead me down the right now or direct me to a place that might have this info? I have used many combo's for the login script, APN and so forth but still with no luck. Here are all that I have tried (I will just put them next to each other for ease of seeing what I have entered)

APN: wap.cingular and have used isp.cingular
User Name: have used nothing, used my email addy and also
Password: CINGULAR1

Login Script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular" - alsu used at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

Password: Have used both *99# and *99***1#

I have also used all combo's of the above. Is there something I am missing?

Exact same situation here, I can't get mine to work to save my life. I've seen folks on tomtomforums.com claim they got the 8700 to work with it using 4.2 software.

If you find anything please post in detail how you got it to work.

Has anyone tried an 8800 and confirmed it works? I'd hate to upgrade only to find out the 8800 doesn't work either.

Exact same situation here, I can't get mine to work to save my life. I've seen folks on tomtomforums.com claim they got the 8700 to work with it using 4.2 software.

If you find anything please post in detail how you got it to work.

Has anyone tried an 8800 and confirmed it works? I'd hate to upgrade only to find out the 8800 doesn't work either.

Here's what I suggest. Reinstall 4.2.1.96 OS but don't change the settings on the phone. See if that works.

I had no luck getting either of my Blackberries to work--8700 or 8800. Cingular doesn't even support data over bluetooth with those phones using their own 'connection manager' software for tethering. I'm the BES admin for my company so it wasn't due to a lack of access or anything...

I ended up ordering a Nokia 6822, which is on the compatibility list. I'll just swap the SIM card in when I go on long trips...unless I decide I can live without the Blackberry.

4.2.1.66 is the only known OS version for the BlackBerry that supports DUN via bluetooth properly for devices (this isn't true across the board for PC's, some versions support it just fine). That was the first release of 4.2.1, and subsequent versions seem to have the bluetooth DUN disabled for external devices, though in the bluetooth options under services provided Bluetooth DUN is listed.

Ask a Question