TomTom 510 and Bluetooth pairing on PPC-6700

The phone keeps asking for passcode when trying to pair up with the TomTom then after 10 to 15 times of putting in passcode it finally hooks up. Have to go thru the same procedure everytime I turn on the TomTom. Please advise..

None that I can see, there is a setting for secure connection that is unchecked.
The 6700 isn't listed on the phone compatibility list for the 510 could this be a problem? Thanks for the help....

It could be but others have managed to get it to work not listed as a supported phone with a lot of trial an error. This may be the case here unless someone has done this before and can share it with us.

Is this worth a try?

Question
Why do I have to enter the passkey every time I connect my GO 910/510 with my mobile phone?
Answer

If you are having one of the problems described below, it could be that there are too many files in the flash memory on your device:

* You are unable to activate the map on your GO 910/510 even though you have a valid product code.
* You have to enter the passkey every time you connect your GO 910/510 with your mobile phone.
* Your settings are not saved when you turn your GO 910/510 on and off.

To fix these problems, follow the instructions below to download and run the TomTom Clear Flash tool.

Part 1 for Windows? users: Download the TomTom Clear Flash tool

I was having the same symptoms; using the "flash tool" worked for me. I'm able to use the bluetooth connection features (incoming/outgoing calls, address book).

I am not, however, able to use the wireless data features (I even tried activating the "Internet Sharing over Bluetooth PAN" feature on the 6700 prior to pairing, to no avail). I am running AKU3.5 on my 6700. Anyone get this to work?

Ask a Question