TomTom 3rd edition - sluggish tracking

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition, TomTom One 140S
I've noticed recently that my TT doesn't track as quickly as it once did. While driving, the arrow used to smoothly track my progress down the road. Now, the "real time" tracking is gone; I get intermittent screen shots every few seconds.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to clear this up.

I've noticed recently that my TT doesn't track as quickly as it once did. While driving, the arrow used to smoothly track my progress down the road. Now, the "real time" tracking is gone; I get intermittent screen shots every few seconds.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to clear this up.

Sometimes, if a user has his/her unit set to show too many poi's on the map, the screen refresh is indeed slow and results in the appearance (herky jerky) that you are experiencing? Could that be it? Try to set the preferences to show no poi's and see if the movement is better. Then add the poi's in priority for the route. Often, 2 or 3 different categories max is what some suggest.

Excellent suggestion. I'll do as you suggest and let you know if it works. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Try to set the preferences to show no poi's and see if the movement is better. Then add the poi's in priority for the route. Often, 2 or 3 different categories max is what some suggest.

It was just as you said. Thanks again!

Be aware that after some update the TT activates all the custom PIOs automaticaly. I think it may be after you add a PIO group, or update maps. I have had to go in a few times to turn them off. I have not figured out yet wha the cause is.

Many, many thanks. This has been bothering me for a while and could not figure out what it might be. After removing the POI's from being displayed, it tracks much quicker.

LOL! I remember when I first got the device, I was like "Why wouldn't I want all POI's checked?" So I checked EVERY box then went to drive the next day, and WOW, talk about a slide show. Very very very slow. I just disable every single one now. If I need a POI, I'll look it up. Runs nice with every POI disabled.

LOL! I remember when I first got the device, I was like "Why wouldn't I want all POI's checked?" So I checked EVERY box then went to drive the next day, and WOW, talk about a slide show. Very very very slow. I just disable every single one now. If I need a POI, I'll look it up. Runs nice with every POI disabled.
Yeah, I agree. I used to think that it was cool to see all the icons floating by as I drove, but you really don't need to see them. If you need something, you'll be routed to it.

Ask a Question