tomtom 125 via

hi
i just got a via 125 tomtom via ebay and i connect it to my computer .. my windows windows xp detects it as TOMTOM but fails to find drivers , i also tried finding drivers on the internet but i didnt manage . has any1 got drivers ?

also i noticed on the main site it says that it doesnt have built in SD SLOT , but when i open bottom cover there is a micro sd slot . any ideas on this ?

Via live model:4ej51

hi again ..
usb driver issue was solved .. had to install MyTomTom ... i assume tomtom home is not compatible with this satnav ey ? cause i couldnt find it with tomtom home .

Last edited:
The Via devices use "MyTomTom" which is web based, the actual device is hidden from the normal file system of the PC which is why it doesn't appear as a drive letter or permit any read/ write access from the PC using Windows Explorer - Mike

... but when i open bottom cover there is a micro sd slot .
I would call it a future use feature.

The device even recognizes the microSD slot. Check it out by inserting a SDcard, switch on the device and keep the power button pressed beyond the drum sound until you get a special overview screen - watch the line 'SD card capacity'.

But until MyTomTom doesn't support this additional drive for map installation and so on it's of no use of course, and you will never ever see it with Explorer/Finder.

Oskar

Ask a Question