Can't update my tomtom via 125

TomTom Model(s)
Via 125 live
Hi

I can't update my tomtom 125. I have tried both methods. Please excuse me as I'm away from my PC . I am still using windows xp. When I plug in the USB connection nothing happens apart from the tomtom turning on. There is no option to update.

When I check my computer it isn't showing as a connected drive. When I check device manager it's not there. At one point I saw that it was connected by it couldn't connect via port 4000. There didn't seem to be any way to get rid of that.

I'm pretty sure the last time I updated I had lots of problems but after messing around for ages it seemed to work.

I have disabled my antivirus and firewall to see if that would help but no luck. I'm totally technically useless. I will try again tomorrow as I'm so frustrated tonight I can't face it.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Your 125 is of the 'newer' vintage that does not show up as an external hard drive, so do not attempt to use HOME to update. That will just frustrate you! If your PC finds it successfully, it will appear as a Network Adapter in Device Manager (odd, but correct under the circumstances).

You need to be using MyDrive to update this device. Can you confirm that it is up and running as an application? You may need to start manually. It used to be called MyTomTom. Current version for use with XP can be found here >>> https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/download.jsp#dl-windows

Thank you so much for these instructions. As soon as I am back home I will work my way through each of the points.

hi
thanks all for replying.

i have been trying to get this dreadful thing to update with no luck, i can confirm that I can see Tom Tom under network adaptors.

In my drive connect on the taskbar It says connected but it shows this error below. I have tried to change the port to 5000 and 6000 to no avail. can you suggest anything please.
upload_2014-10-22_15-40-0.png

Hi

Many thanks for the assistance
I have checked the device manager and it is definitely there under network adaptors. I can see that it is connected in the taskbar but I have the error re Port 4000 as shown. I have also changed the ports to 5000 and 6000 to no avail. Can anyone help before I throw it out of the window
upload_2014-10-22_15-51-36.png

When you change the port settings, do you actually SAVE the settings? If so, close MyDrive, reboot the computer, restart MyDrive and see what happens when you connect device to computer.

I have resolved the issue. I use Eset security suite and I had to make changes in the advanced settings,

thanks for the assistance folks. Much appreciated

Interestingly enough, before I changed the advanced settings in eset I was unable to save the changed port settings. Only when I made the changes did the option to save the new port settings enable.

Thanks for the feedback. For whatever reason, Eset frequently seems to be a culprit in situations like this...........

I have resolved the issue. I use Eset security suite and I had to make changes in the advanced settings,
No surprise, then. Blocks all ports unless specifically opened.

Hello there! I have a TomTom Via 125 which appears under devices and printers as a Network Infrastructure Device on Windows 10. I noticed that it connects perfectly with MyDrive connect and it updates normally. Is there any way to access internal storage folders on this device? I tried many suggested solutions on the internet but I can't seem to figure out a way through this issue. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Hello there! I have a TomTom Via 125 which appears under devices and printers as a Network Infrastructure Device on Windows 10. I noticed that it connects perfectly with MyDrive connect and it updates normally. Is there any way to access internal storage folders on this device? I tried many suggested solutions on the internet but I can't seem to figure out a way through this issue. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
You cannot access the internal file structure of any of the last three generations of devices the way we could do in the old days.
Depending upon why you would wish to do this, the tutorial dhn points to above may be of help as it allows you to move certain types of personal content on/off your device.

Moving this thread to Nav3 / Firmware and Device Configuration

Ask a Question