Can't update my TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
n14644
I cannot trust the directions my TT 1 N14644 gives me. It leads to to incorrect locations and dead ends. What do I do? Thank you!

Leading you to dead ends makes it sound as though perhaps you have a very old map, or are in an area that doesn't get updated very often with new map releases. The TT ONE itself is quite an old unit by map standards. Have you ever updated it, and where are you in the US?

Leading you to dead ends makes it sound as though perhaps you have a very old map, or are in an area that doesn't get updated very often with new map releases. The TT ONE itself is quite an old unit by map standards. Have you ever updated it, and where are you in the US?

I made an attempt this spring to update and I am located in west central WI.
Thank you!
Don

Hi, I am located in west central Wisconsin. I made an attempt to update my TT about four months ago with some confusion and I'm not really sure I was successful.
Thank you!
Don

What model do you have? Provide the information in the 2nd link of Andy_P's post.

My TT model;

APP 8.041 (9645/080919) OS: 230869
Map: USA and Canada v725.1905

Thanks,
Don

I understood updates were free but the updating service wants to charge me $55.96.
Wht's with this?
Thank you!
Don

Map 725 dates back to the Paleozoic era. It would be no surprise that, if after half a dozen years or so, thing might have changed in reality vs. the map you own, or corrections may have been made.

No, updates are not free. It costs TomTom a fair chunk to update maps. Certain models more recent than yours have and continue to been sold with lifetime map subscriptions, but it wasn't until fairly recently in geological time. They weren't offering that service back in the early ONE era.

Ask a Question