tomtom 1 3rd addtion

hi guys i have a tomtom 1 i dont know whats gone wrong with it but when i turn it in all i get is a black screen with all other writing abit like a menu really but it also says sleep mode is there anyway of getting out of the black screen and reusing my tomtom again thanks guys

On any model when you hold down the power button long enough, it boots to a diagnostic screen. That's what you are seeing.

So, for starters, don't hold the button down that long. It should do a normal boot up within 5 seconds or so.

thanks for your reply i will give that a try when i get home and really hope it works lol

Hi dhn
i have tryed the way you told me and still no joy and still get the black menu screen.Is there anything else that i can try to help me get my satnav back on the go!!

thanks for your help anyway
Jay

Sounds like the on/ off switch is sticking down when pressed I have seen this on other units from time to time, usually I clean up the push button from the inside of the device but unless you are happy to take electronics to bits this might be a little difficult - Mike

Ask a Question