Tom Tom Xl 330 s (lost maps)

Some how my maps got erased and i dont have a back up when i start it i get a tom tom logo and then i white screen and it comes up and says no maps how can i fix this

When you got the unit did you use LMG (Latest Map Guarantee) to update your map? if so there will still be a copy of the map on the PC you used to download it on.
If you didn't use LMG and don't have a backup the only options are to contact TomTom support who might help help (but I doubt it), or you will have to purchase a new map for the device - Mike

wel iwas looking through my computer and in the tom tom folder C:\Documents and Settings\Nissan180\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\XL\Backup01\InternalMemory

I found a backup of everything but when i try to restore it nothing happens even when i copy the files with explorer to the tom tom i get the blinking red x what are the steps to restoring it.

If you've copied back the map folder and its contents, first try a reset on the unit and see if it boots properly. If not, try this...........(assuming you have the map folder in the backup on your computer).

Delete everything from your unit. Format the unit. don't use quickformat.

Connect to Home. Accept the application it offers and install. Shut Home completely (including in the navigation area of the task bar).

Use Explorer to copy back the map folder and its contents.

Connect the unit to Home. Start the emulator (Operate My Go) and go to manage favourites. Edit one of them by adding one, deleting one, editing one, it doesn't matter.

Disconnect the unit properly from the computer using Home's Device Disconnect icon. Does it boot properly now?

The folder name containing the map will be a name describing the area covered something like North_America this needs to be copied to the device in total - Mike

"USA_and_Canada" is the proper name of the map folder for a XL330s sold in North America.

Explorer

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 330S and I'm still trying to set it up, I haven't used the free update yet but when you say Explorer what are you referring too? I have used the download feature in Tom Tom Home, but haven't looked to see if my 330 maps were backed up onto my computer. How do I do that?

Ask a Question