Tom Tom One wont switch on

Hi used my tom tom one two weeks ago in my car no probs. today looks like the battery is completely dead. Plugged it into the usb on my computer and it wont get passed the first orange screen.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?
Thanks

You mean a TomTom screen?

Have you tried a reset on the unit? (Not sure whether it has a reset hole on that model or whether you hold the power button for about 10 seconds or so).

If that doesn't help......................

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. Format the internal but don't use quickformat. Restore the backup, again with Explorer.

Does that help.

I had similar problem. That was caused by my own rough handling (i.e. applying too much pressure to the on/off switch) which had caused the switch getting detached from the circuit board. I was able to fix that by opening the unit, and pressing the switch back to the circuit board (kind of a snap). To secure the switch, I applied hot glue to the sides of the switch. After that, the unit worked fine again.

Ask a Question