Carminat TomTom Wont Boot

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat TomTom (In Car Renault Grand Scenic 2010)
Hi All,

I have a Carminat TomTom fitted to ny Renault Grand Scenic. I completed a Factory Reset within the vehicle. Initally all was fine. Once I turned the car off and the restarted it the day after it shows the error message 'System not configured, Please Connect Diag Tool'. I have looked for solutions and reformatted the SD Card. It is now stuck in a loop between an egg timer, start up screen and an image of a sat nav with an SD Card shown.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't all of your code and map data stored on that SD card??? Did you ever back up the content of that card on your PC???

Yes, however, it was a second hand car so I factory reset it first. It then started the 'System Not Configured' message once it was restarted.

I have put the backup back on the card and now it just loops between the boot screen and an egg timer.

It sounds as though there may be a problem with the mapsettings.cfg file after the reset. That file resides in the same folder with your map. I don't know if you have a Western Europe or UK/ROI map on your unit, but look for a folder with either of those sorts of names, and delete the mapsettings.cfg file from the unit. The device will recreate that file when it is first booted when it discovers that there is none.

Ask a Question