Tom Tom Home

Well, I will be the voice in the woods. I updated both my PC (ugh) and my Mac versions without a hitch. I added some pictures and sounds, backed up, updated and got new mapshare files, and not a single glitch. I must be living right. I am off to buy some lottery tickets, see ya later! :)

Just hope your hair doesn't fall out on the trip. Side effect of the new version. Honest!!!:D :D

Seriously, I think the problems some people have is due to the sporadic behaviour (read: 'crappy') of the TomTom servers. If one is lucky enough to log in when the servers are working properly, things go o.k.

If logging in when demand is high and the servers are having one of their frequent 'nervous breakdowns', the user will experience problems.

That's my theory, anyway ...........and I'm stickin' with it. :)

Just hope your hair doesn't fall out on the trip. Side effect of the new version. Honest!!!:D :D

Seriously, I think the problems some people have is due to the sporadic behaviour (read: 'crappy') of the TomTom servers. If one is lucky enough to log in when the servers are working properly, things go o.k.

If logging in when demand is high and the servers are having one of their frequent 'nervous breakdowns', the user will experience problems.

That's my theory, anyway ...........and I'm stickin' with it. :)

I think that was my problem. Connected today and everything updated :D

They still need to fix the country filters for the download-able stuff, but at least things look better.

Logout of the TTHome application and log back in. Try that.

If that doesn't help and you're connected via wireless, try connecting to Internet via modem (router) directly.

2.2033 will still not let me log in. It syas that I am not connected to the internet. I reloaded 2.1 and was able to log in. This is frustrating!!!!!!:(

2.2033 will still not let me log in. It syas that I am not connected to the internet. I reloaded 2.1 and was able to log in. This is frustrating!!!!!!:(

With the new software loaded, try resetting the unit with a paperclip and then see if you are successful.

Is Home 2.2 now working? Or should I wait? Has anyone experienced a bug where if you edit a POI in a general category (such as restaurants), when you hook it up to Home 2.2 and it updates the change, you will then not be able to find the POI you edited anymore in that category?

TomTom 2.2 = Everytime I start it, it says I need to install the software.

Basically every single time i want to start the new TomTom 2.2, I need to uninstall it and reinstall it. Once I close it that time, the next time will ask me to reinstall it.....

Also it says I'm "not connected to the internet" when trying to update

Of course I'm not...

TomTom 2.2 = Everytime I start it, it says I need to install the software.

Basically every single time i want to start the new TomTom 2.2, I need to uninstall it and reinstall it. Once I close it that time, the next time will ask me to reinstall it.....

Also it says I'm "not connected to the internet" when trying to update

Of course I'm not...

How are you uninstalling the software? In other words, what are you using to uninstall it?

Mac 2.2.1.26

Version 2.2.1.26 came up as available under TT Home for Mac.

Not sure what the difference is, as I'm still getting the "must not be empty" error messages I was getting under 2.2.0.16 when I attempt to run updates.

When trying the "Operate My TomTom" option (like they will EVER support this for Mac users...), instead of coming up with the usual error message that there is no support at this time, the program now hangs and requires a force quit.

Yet another not-ready-for use incremental update from TomTom. They really need to hire more or better programmers for their software.

I'm with you. I'm on a Mac, and it doesn't work worth shit.
Also, JUST came across this press release from today:

"http://jalopnik.com/355588/tomtom-owners-can-now-share-content-online"

OH, and it's also for Mac users!...yeah, right. :mad:

Version 2.2.1.26 came up as available under TT Home for Mac.

Not sure what the difference is, as I'm still getting the "must not be empty" error messages I was getting under 2.2.0.16 when I attempt to run updates.

When trying the "Operate My TomTom" option (like they will EVER support this for Mac users...), instead of coming up with the usual error message that there is no support at this time, the program now hangs and requires a force quit.

Yet another not-ready-for use incremental update from TomTom. They really need to hire more or better programmers for their software.

But the emulator still doesn't work. And TomTom Support (useless bunch of idiots - spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them to be told, "It's not working yet.") have no answer as to when the emulator will work.

To me, the emulator is probably the main reason I went with the TomTom.

Actually, much of the on-line shared content seems to work I was able to download and upload POIs and startup screens at least.

TomTom Home New Mac Version Out

I downloaded and installed the new TomTom Home Apple Mac version 2.2.1.26. Thank you TomTom. It is about time.

It is very nice. MapShare works and so does all the user generated content features.

It is great !!

I downloaded and installed the new TomTom Home Apple Mac version 2.2.1.26. Thank you TomTom. It is about time.

It is very nice. MapShare works and so does all the user generated content features.

It is great !!

The "My Go" feature still doesn't work right though.

Wow, thats a nice change for sure!

Thank God they added more POIs, free voices, and so on!

Works good with my ONE 3rd ed... on all my Windows XP machines.

The VersionTracker link should be updated soon if not already. The emulator still doesn't work on the Mac version but did on the BootCamp version.

I posted this elsewhere on the forums as well. The Emulator on the Mac does in fact work, just not with the internal drive. When I have my SD card in, my emulator comes up, walks me though the setup (language, time, left hand/right hand etc) and then says "No Maps Found". This is because I don't have the map on my SD card. I suspect if I did have the maps there, it might work.

If I eject the SD card from the TT, the emulator crashes TTH.

Ask a Question