Tom Tom GO LIVE 1005 problem

Have you tried customer support for your country?

I think the bottom line is your device needs to be returned and 'reflashed' to the updated application and map since there is something on the unit preventing 'normal' functioning to achieve that.

Last edited:
I'm returning the device tomorrow to the store where I bought it, I just want my money back.

Don't want to be wasting time on Tom Tom again.

I'm in the same boat...both my wife and I have the 2505TM...they app on both updated last week to 10.115 (which was fine)...however, neither of us can get the 870 map offered to our TT. When connected both just say "Map is up to date..". We both are running 865 right now...I've cleared the cache and reset without it working. I'll be contacting TT support tomorrow...was just hoping someone had some helpful things to try in the meantime. :(

Did you key in the lifetime maps activation code? It should have come in the box.

Click the green MyTomtom on the top right of the MyTomtom page and select Activate Code

There is no activation code....there is a card that comes with it saying "Keep this for future..." like my old XXL540TM had but there is no code on it. This has been brought up in some of the other threads. I have updated previously from map 855 (I think it was).

Ok...just got off the phone with CS...it appears there is supposed to be an activation code stamped on my card (there isn't). I had to scan both my box and card and upload them to TT. After looking at them the rep said my card was "crazy looking" (the TT was bought at BestBuy). Anyhow, long story short the map updates have been added to my account. So when I get back home tonight I'll have the wife phone and get hers fixed also. Funny stuff I tell you...

Edit: Not so fast...get home connect my TT and it says "Your device is up to date." WTF? Anyhow, call again, give my reference number and then get told by the new CS rep that "we don't have the correct article number for the maps for your device." What the f--- does that mean? Surely it's an easy fix...but I'm told "check in a week or two". Needless to say I let her know how displeased I am about this. Talk about ridiculous...article number incorrect...wow, that's a new one. :rant:

Last edited:
Okay...how about this? Has anyone with a Go 1005 or 2505TM updated to the latest map (v870)? If so, then that CS rep fed me a line of crap and I'll follow up on it...if I hear nothing then I guess I'll wait a week before following up...anyone?

Okay...how about this? Has anyone with a Go 1005 or 2505TM updated to the latest map (v870)?
Got a Europe 1005 back in April and I'm happily running MyTomTom 3.0.2.344 and app 10.200.698576.74 with map v870.3459, having purchased the 18 months of map updates as soon as they became available.

Cheers,

Barry

Ok...let me rephrase...has anyone with a 2505TM (for North America) managed to update to v870 maps? I'm still getting told "we don't have the right article number for the maps for your TT". That sounds like hogwash to me...no way it takes a month to repair this sort of thing. I work in the IT field and I'd be canned fast if I screwed up like this for such a long period of time. Sheesh!

Ok...let me rephrase...has anyone with a 2505TM (for North America) managed to update to v870 maps? I'm still getting told "we don't have the right article number for the maps for your TT". That sounds like hogwash to me...no way it takes a month to repair this sort of thing. I work in the IT field and I'd be canned fast if I screwed up like this for such a long period of time. Sheesh!
According to some other users with 2505TM units, they have been able to receive the 8.70 map. As one of several examples, see here (post at the bottom): GO 2505TM: Still no activation code on the card - TomTom Discussions I picked that one out of the bag as I was interested to see that they're still shipping the wrong collateral with these units and fooling users into looking for magic codes where there aren't any.

Yes...I see some users are getting the v870 map...I'm just not one of them. I have uploaded the required documentation and still nothing. I just updated my support "question" to find out if maybe the holdup is something on their end. Obviously it can't be an "article number" if other users with the same unit as mine are getting the update. It's too late right now to call CS but rest assured tomorrow all be at them again.

Oh ya...and they really need to stop having people prove they have lifetime map/traffic updates when the cards don't have an activation code on them. I mean really, how hard is it for their system to recognize the serial number as a version that has those features?

Ok...3rd time seems to be the charm. Called CS and this time it seems to have resolved. The map showed up for download. Yeah!

Last edited:

Ask a Question