Tom Tom GO LIVE 1005 problem

Hi,

I have problems updating my app and map.

I was able to download both but as soon as I connect my device, the MyTomTom app just keeps on saying "Busy..." and nothing happens after that.

Can someone help me out? :confused:

What application and map do you currently have? (see here)

Try both:
1) clearing the cache in the MyTomtom app (see here)
2) resetting the Tomtom (see here)

Device details:
  • Tom Tom GO LIVE 1005
  • App version: 10.040.584798.31
  • Map version: Europe (v8.55.3019)

- I have tried to clear the cache 6 times by now (it re-downloaded all the updates)
- I have tried a soft reset and a factory default reset

MyTomTom keeps on stating "Busy..." (in dutch, see screenshot)
But this message stays there for hours, nothing happens.

24pz04z.jpg

Content in my cache folder (in dutch, see screenshot)

2h3x01h.jpg

Help would be appreciated. :thumb:

Try a different browser. Some with IE problems have no problems with FF. Some with Firefox problems have no issues with IE.

Make sure you've got the latest version of flash too, and disable all virus scanners.

Thanks for helping.

I have tried with IE 9, FF 4 and the latest Chrome.

I have also rebooted the pc and tried a complete re-install of MyTomTom.

I will now try and see if I have the latest flash and disable anti-virus software, will edit post when done.

Last edited:
This is one of the many frustrations with the 1X, 2X and Via models.....not having access to the file system. In previous models, it was relatively easy to delete the application from the unit and letting Home 2 reinstall.

With these models, it's bloody impossible for the user to delete the application on the unit.:rant:

I have updated flash and tried without anti-vir, it's still the same issue.

I have got the files in the MyTomTom cache folder but the MyTomTom app just keeps on saying "Busy..." without installing them. :(

I am getting very close to suggesting you return your unit to the store. (in fact, I think I've gotten there .......:( )

If you can't upgrade your application to 10.111, then you won't get offered a map and if your unit won't accept/install an application update which has been apparently downloaded, then you appear to be stuck.

The links that mvl provided in his post higher up in this thread are all you can go by to get the unit up and running. If they don't work, I don't think there is anything else we can offer.

Unless you want to go through the process again of:
1. Not only clearing your cache but deleting MyTomTom completely. Then get a fresh copy from tomtom.com/getstarted

2 Resetting your unit again.

Go through the process again of connecting to the computer, starting MyTomTom, logging in and seeing if stuff will be offered............

Did all of that again, even tried the whole process on my 6 year old computer with Windows XP on it.

Same issue, it never starts the update.

This is very frustrating for an expensive product! :(

I really don't understand the problem either, it downloads the files fine, why won't it just start updating. :confused:

One more thing. Have you tried creating a brand new myTomtom account with a brand new email address?

Something that both MyTomtom and Tomtom HOME have never ever seen before.

That would be the absolute last thing I can think of.

Otherwise, after trying on 2 computers, there's a good chance the device is a dud. Devices with apps before 10.110 often had software bugs in the update process, and store returns or warranty swaps were the only way to fix them.

Well, I thought of that idea moments before your reply so I tried that, but then MyTomTom is so friendly to tell me that the device is already "linked" to another account.

I will bring this crappy device back to the store tomorrow and hopefully get my money back.

I have wasted 4 days of my life on this BS. :mad:

I was so happy with my old Tom Tom so I decided to upgrade but what a mistake. :sad:

If they make me take another model how will I know the app version won't be FUBAR on that too?

Last edited:
Another thing ....................:p

Do you have anti-virus (especially Kapersky) on your machine or a firewall?

If so, try disabling it/them for the transfer.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and I already disabled that to try the transfer, to no avail.

Sorry for wasting your time guys, but blame TomTom for that.
I'll update you if I get a new device.

Bye. :wave:

Do you have anti-virus (especially Kapersky) on your machine or a firewall?
I was under the impression that the default config for Kaspersky was avoiding the dummied up SSL certificates these days. Is that still a problem?

Or is there a way to manually update the device to a newer app version? :confused:
Sorry, no. There was with the older platform, but this new one is locked down pretty tightly. That's one of the downsides of the new platform. If anything goes especially sideways, there's no way for the end user to recover.

Hmm, I think I might know the source of the problem somehow.

So, I deleted the cache for a millionth time, let it download all the files again.

Then the MyTomTom app says "New updates, files are ready to install, please connect device".

As soon as I connect my device it launches the MyTomTom website where it says "Your device is up to date, no files ready for installation".

Could it be that the website is thinking my device is now suddenly up to date, thus not installing the updates?
Can I reset my account on the website somehow?

Ask a Question