Tom Tom 720 windshield mount rattle

I've had the Tom Tom 720 for nearly 2 months now and have been experiencing a rattle while using the mount when I go over bumps. I can even jiggle the unit on the mount and feel the rattle. It doesn't seem like a tight enough fit. has anyone been noticing a rattle? Or will Tom Tom address this issue?

Thanks,
Rob

I've had the Tom Tom 720 for nearly 2 months now and have been experiencing a rattle while using the mount when I go over bumps. I can even jiggle the unit on the mount and feel the rattle. It doesn't seem like a tight enough fit. has anyone been noticing a rattle? Or will Tom Tom address this issue?

Thanks,
Rob

Just for clarification, Rob.......

You mention a 'rattle'. Is this a noise you hear coming from the unit itself or do you actually mean a vibration of the entire unit from shaking?

If you mean the latter, some users say they try to mount the unit on the windshield low enough that, in effect, the unit almost rests on the dash itself. That may help. Or, perhaps, the mount is tight enough so the unit doesn't fall off during travel (I've had that happen) but not quite tight enough to prevent a vibration.

If indeed you meant a 'rattle' within the unit itself, then I'd check about returning it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ask a Question