time sync incorrect

My 730 has never had much success syncing time correctly. I go to the "Set Clock" preference, where after 2 screens I get to the "Sync" button. When I press the button, the time does change - but to a very incorrect time.

For example, it is now 1:22 pm. I hit "sync" and the clock resets to 11:52 pm. I can manually change the time to something else, but whenever I hit "sync" it automatically sets it back to this 10 and a half hour error.

The device knows correctly where I am - it finds me at my correct location. But it can't sync the time right.

Any suggestions?

Not sure about this but I think the more satellites you are getting a signal from, the more reliable the 'sync' is

I don't think so DHN. Any single sat signal includes the universal time broadcast, and three (or is it four?) sats locked is enough for the TT to compute it's location, and adjust time based on the device settings. That's the way I understand it.

Which is why I know enough to say 'I'm not sure', gator ;).

Thanks for the clarification.

Is there some user setting in the device that makes it think that it's in some other time zone, something I could (re)set?

The sync feature doesn't know time zone. It sets the time to the nearest hour. However it's the nearest hour to the time before you enter the screen. If you change the time within the sync screen the sync function undoes the hour.

So go set the time approximately right. Click done and exit. Then go back in the screen to sync to the exact time.

Ask a Question