This will tell the men from the boys

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
From local newspaper:

GPS faces threat from solar flares, scientists warn
WASHINGTON ? The Global Positioning System, relied on for everything from navigating cars and airplanes to transferring money between banks, may be threatened by powerful solar flares, a panel of scientists warned yesterday. The cause for their concern, said David Johnson, director of the U.S. National Weather Service, was an unexpected solar radio burst on Dec. 6 that affected virtually every GPS receiver on the lighted half of Earth. Some receivers had a reduction in accuracy while others completely lost the ability to determine position, he said. Solar activity rises and falls in 11-year cycles, with the next peak expected in 2011.

I guess we'll have to break out our SEXTANTS and ' SHOOT THE SUN' if it doesn't cooperate! :cool:

Hi D-F.
It's on the Montreal Gazette today. You have to be a subscriber to read their articles online, a link won't work.

Logical ! I should call you Mr Spock.:D
I just copy & paste the article.
But if you think more ... hard copy of bonds, certificates ... that should be done by trucks & airplanes , no ?

Ask a Question