The New Online Plan.TomTom.com

That's the problem, we can't save it...
In addition, adding a shutdown to the application is not the easiest, prefer to go through Mydrive.
What do you mean when you say you can't save it?
I'm taking it you've created a route in the Android App Go Navigation. Do you mean you can't save it when you tap on it? Which in my case is most of the time.
The work around to that is to Play A Preview, then immediately stop the preview. You'll then be able to tap on the route to bring up the manage route option. Works every time.

I'm sorry to be a pain but I've tried everything suggested and cannot get my routes with way points on the Tom Tom Go app on my Android Phone. A bit of background to my journey.

I have been using a Go 620 Professional for some time. I would use MyRouteApp on my PC to create a route with all the stops along the way. I would save as an .itn then transfer it to my 620 on the SDcard. I want to move to my phone for the Tom Tom navigation and am trialling the truck navigation app. I have tried a number of things:

- Saved my MyRouteApp files as GPX then imported into plan.tomtom They show up with all the stops but when I either try and save or send stops to my phone, it comes up as a route from start to finish with no stops in between

- Created a test route on plan.tomtom on pc with a stop. If I 'send with stops', it comes up on my phone but goes straight from my start point to destination, with no stop.

While on my pc in plan.tomtom, if I save this as a route and sync it with my device, it comes up as a route, follows it from the start point, via the location where the stop is (although does not show the actual stop), and then goes to the destination.

What the hell am I doing wrong??? I just cant get this to work for me. I am a driver, currently driving charter buses and need to create routes with multiple stops.
To send the waypoints to the app read and follow post 11 by Raesewell to the letter. Especially the CANCEL bit. It does work.

What do you mean when you say you can't save it?
I'm taking it you've created a route in the Android App Go Navigation. Do you mean you can't save it when you tap on it? Which in my case is most of the time.
The work around to that is to Play A Preview, then immediately stop the preview. You'll then be able to tap on the route to bring up the manage route option. Works every time.
If I press on the route I have 4 choices

1/ Add to my places
2/ Go
3/ Use as a starting point
4/ Search near here

Short-tap on the route and then tap the menu icon in the pop-up window. > Manage route > Add to My Routes.

Fantastic, thanks. That worked. Now it is saved on my phone in the app under My Routes. But it doesnt show up in My Routes in plan.tomtom on the PC? Is that normal?

Also, if we can create and save a route with stops on the app in the phone, why the hell cant we do it on the PC. Would make it so much easier as I am creating lot of different routes with multiple stops.

Is it possible to create custom names for your stops from the app on my phone? Or change the colour of the stop flag?

Sorry, but what do you m,ean theme colopur? The colour of the whole map?

Select Settings from the main menu, then select Appearance then select Theme Color to change the color used in menus, buttons and icons
the symbol for the current position and the route also changes to the selected color.

Is it good for a GO 620?

No reasonable person would think that ‘plan’ is an improvement. I have experienced the frustration of the items that everyone has mentioned. I have provided feedback on their site, but feel that I am wasting my time.

Once you've created a route with multiple stops, can you move a stop to a more precise position without having to add a new stop and re-order them?

You can "Send Stops" to the device which will then be an .itn route on your device.
Once you have imported the .gpx to the new planner, click on the route and then click "Edit"
You then get two choices Description or Route, choose Route. Click on "Save as New" then click cancel on the pop up box, you will now see the "Export" function click Export and "Send Stops to Device"
The limit is still 20 stops, Et voila
mine is saved as a route in gpX then plan.tomtom.com reads is as a route but there is then no save to track version - is this normal?

You can "Send Stops" to the device which will then be an .itn route on your device.
Once you have imported the .gpx to the new planner, click on the route and then click "Edit"
You then get two choices Description or Route, choose Route. Click on "Save as New" then click cancel on the pop up box, you will now see the "Export" function click Export and "Send Stops to Device"
The limit is still 20 stops, Et voila
I have tried this but the route on the SatNav is not the route planned on PlanTomTom.com.

I have planned a route between two overnight stops in France and the export appears to work but the SatNav then plans a route from my home, in the UK, to the first stop ignoring the intended start point and then back to the final destination. While the original plan was set to avoid toll roads because the SatNav default does not include this requirement the planned route, while taking in the intended stops also uses the toll roads. It is pointless saving this as a route or am I missing something?

What am I doing wrong?

I have tried this but the route on the SatNav is not the route planned on PlanTomTom.com.

I have planned a route between two overnight stops in France and the export appears to work but the SatNav then plans a route from my home, in the UK, to the first stop ignoring the intended start point and then back to the final destination. While the original plan was set to avoid toll roads because the SatNav default does not include this requirement the planned route, while taking in the intended stops also uses the toll roads. It is pointless saving this as a route or am I missing something?

What am I doing wrong?
It's normal, your GPS will calculate a route from your current position to your planned starting point.

or you need to create 2 routes
1 route from your current location to your planned starting point.
is another from your intended departure point to your final destination.

If you want to follow the route planned on Mydrive exactly, you must save it to your routes.

I agree with Willy875, you need to create the route first and save it as a route on your device. I have created a number of routes for my trip to France again this year. When I load up one of the routes starting in Calais, it comes up with the option of driving to nearest or starting point.

What am I doing wrong?
You are doing nothing wrong. You can either ignore the start point and just use the route when you need it when presumably you will be at the correct start point, or edit the route on the unit by choosing a start point on the map.

Ask a Question