Switching off TomTom 910

Hi there. Am new to this forum and am from England, so hope you don't mind me joining you. I have a TomTom 910 (2 months old) and am a very infrequent user of it. Can i please ask a question, which hopefully you won't consider a daft one. If I switch my TomTom off, does it go into standby and therefore gradually drain the battery? If so, is there a way I can switch it off and therefore save the battery power? I don't use it every day and had problems switching it on today, so made me think that the battery had drained down? it switched on fine once it was connected to an electrical socket.
Thanks for your help and I hope I have not intruded on your site.
Julie.

Hi there. Am new to this forum and am from England, so hope you don't mind me joining you. I have a TomTom 910 (2 months old) and am a very infrequent user of it. Can i please ask a question, which hopefully you won't consider a daft one. If I switch my TomTom off, does it go into standby and therefore gradually drain the battery? If so, is there a way I can switch it off and therefore save the battery power? I don't use it every day and had problems switching it on today, so made me think that the battery had drained down? it switched on fine once it was connected to an electrical socket.
Thanks for your help and I hope I have not intruded on your site.
Julie.

:rolleyes:

Hi Julie.

There are quite a few of us Brits on here ;)

Hi Julie,

This is a public forum, so you could never intrude. Welcome to TTF!

The only daft questions are the ones that you don't ask. I think that I can answer your questions....

If I switch my TomTom off, does it go into standby and therefore gradually drain the battery?
Yes. This ensures a faster start-up, but also drains the battery.

If so, is there a way I can switch it off and therefore save the battery power?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is. Not that I know of anyway....

Welcome to the Forum.
They welcomed me. I rest my case.

There is a natural discharge of current that will drain the battery if any unit is not used for a long period of time.

Ask a Question