Strange 910 problems

I took my 910 for the first trip to Florida and i am not impressed. The software seems to be buggy. I faced a lot of problem read below if you want to know more but because of incident (1) my tomtom is stuck with following behavior now.

(a) The volume up and down key doesn't speak next instruction. Anybody faced this? Is this an option anywhere.
(b) The computer generated voice instruction comes with a lag in between. For example: If there is an exit 42 toward PlaceA,Rd B after 0.25 mile it will say "Take exit right after 0.25 mile" Then it will pause for many seconds. Mst of the time after i have already taken the exit it will speak "PlaceA, RdB then stay on the right lane". Has anybody faced these problems?

These are other experience that i had during first trip:

(1) This is the most unacceptable behavior and i almost decided at that time that i will go and get rid of tomtom. My wife was driving the car who is not that used to GPS system. I was seting different destinations and seeing which are the beaches on our way back to FLL. After a while i realised that the music sound is not coming out. I went to the juke box and it was showing an error occured. I advanced to next song still no sound. Then i clear route selected a different playlist and the music started playing. I set destination again and now voice navigation stopped coming. I was only tesing it by chaing the volume which speaks the next instruction. I tried a lot like selected a different voice etc. It was also dangerous because my wife was drving with no direction and getting distracted by me trying different option. After a long time the voice started working with non-computer voice. My tomtom is still not giving voice instruction correctly. I know a reset may solve this problem but this is not acceptable.
(2) I set navigation from FLL to Key Largo. It was showing me through US-1 S. After a while i stopped at a rest area and set the destination again. It then started showing me from a different longer and slow road 905. I tried hard to get me through Rt1 but it didn't. I understand that i can set altenate root via but rememeber when you are driving in an unkown place you don't want to stop and find alternate route.

(3) For the first time we used POI to drive to a indian resturant in West Palm Beach. I didn't have high hopes and it took me to and showed me my resturant in the middle of a bridge.

I had some issues when my 910 told me to "stay on the right lane", then, "exit on the right" while I was on a 4-5 lane freeway!

Have you hit the reset button or restored from a backup? Sounds like something is corrupted.

Thanks for all replies. A reset fixed the problem. Also, if any one faces similar problem while driving then try changing the voice to one of the non-computer voice. That seemed to work for me.

Ask a Question