Storage maxed out.

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hey all, I have an XL340TM and it is now maxed out as far as map storage goes. I recently installed the latest Canada, US and Mexico map and I actually had to delete all voices but one in order to install it.

My question is this....I do not ever plan to go to Mexico so can I somehow remove just the Mexico portion of the map?

I have lifetime maps for my device but suspect that I will not be able to fit any future maps on the device as it does not have the storage capability.

Cheers,

Zoned North America maps are being offered if the storage becomes too small.
You should be able to switch zones as needed once you have them.
Chances are that may happen with the 950 map already.

No, you can't remove a portion of your existing map, but you should be being offered 'zoned' maps that allow you to leave it out that way. Since the maps have grown so large, it's now necessary to break North America up, as was earlier done in Europe for the same reasons. Since your unit doesn't have a uSD card slot, and rather than screwing around deleting things, it's a less painful solution.

They now offer also these permutations: USA, USA + Canada, USA + Mexico

If you're OK with any of those, or want to ask them about 'zoned' maps, I'd call Customer Support at 866-486-6866

It should be coming out very soon (traditionally sometime around mid-late May), so it won't be long before you find out. If you can hold out that long, wait for that, and them come back and tell us as much as you can about what you were offered for map 950 options.

Very glad to hear it. Sounds like they're slowly working recent to older on getting the zoned maps available, but they're getting it done.

Ask a Question