Start55 map view???

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
I have only begun using this device this morning. I set a destination. But as I drive the map doesn't show the actual direction im going. How do I change the "orientation" of the map so that it shows as I am driving? I need the map to rotate as I drive/turn etc.

Thanks

My previous GPS did this.

If you press the lower left corner (or it may be the bottom middle on that model), it should take you from 2D to 3D view. The 3D view will always be oriented to your direction of travel. I do not recall whether the Start series allows you to change the 2D from North-Up to Direction-of-Travel, but you should find a 2D/3D menu option if that is possible.

If you press the lower left corner (or it may be the bottom middle on that model), it should take you from 2D to 3D view. The 3D view will always be oriented to your direction of travel. I do not recall whether the Start series allows you to change the 2D from North-Up to Direction-of-Travel, but you should find a 2D/3D menu option if that is possible.

Ohhh ok bad me. I guess i had it on the wrong setting. And the map seemed so large. As I drove I couldn't even see the upcoming streets. I did hit the +zoom in button but I thought it would do that automatically upon picking a destination/route.

Thanks. I will have to play around more. There is definitely a 2D/3D option.

If you locate the 2D/3D option in Settings, you may also find the ability to enable and disable the auto-zoom function. However, since this is a Start model, it may not have all of the 2D/3D features I'm talking about. I much prefer to lock the zoom size for both 2D and 3D to sizes I prefer, but I don't have a Start.

Cool. I think 2D works. I goofed around in my apartment. Next time im in my car I will use it.

Thanks again.

Now if that mount I got wasn't so damn sticky!!! I can barely get it off the windshield without breaking the mount itself. :eek:

Ask a Question