Start 1 reboots when Address pressed

TomTom Model(s)
Start1
I have a Tom Tom Start1. It's up to date and fully charged. I press plan route and then press address, or recent destination and the unit then reboots itself.

Any ideas?

This seems to be a common fault after you have updated to a new map, if you try to access an address or recent destination that was still there from the previous map. I had it on my most recent map update.

To my shame, I cannot remember if the problem just went away after routing to a few NEW addresses, or if I made it go away by using the ClearFlash utility or by doing a return to factory settings from the menus.
Hopefully someone else can confirm... quicker than I can find my old posts about it in one of the many forums!

Is this one of those situations where navigating to anywhere using the emulator in Home clears the problem?

When you fire up TomTom Home on your PC with your device connected, you should have the option to "Operate My ONE" (or similar expression). Home has an emulator that allows you to operate your unit from the screen of your PC.

When you fire up TomTom Home on your PC with your device connected, you should have the option to "Operate My ONE" (or similar expression). Home has an emulator that allows you to operate your unit from the screen of your PC.
Lo and Behold................ it worked.
:roll:

So the unit is behaving standalone now, correct?

Ask a Question