Sprint CDMA Question Answered

Sprint CDMA DOES indeed work. Here are the facts for those still confused (as I was until a minute ago):

- I connected using the Sanyo SCP-8400 through Bluetooth (bluetooth for data only, not for voice calls); Sprint network, CDMA. This phone is not listed as compatible, but in fact it is. I think all phones are compatible as long as you set it up right. You have to make sure to enable dial up networking on your phone as a bluetooth permission allowed.

- You MUST have the Phone as a Modem plan. Vision will not work. I don't see that option on their web site, but if you email customer service, they will give you Phone as a Modem for $39.99/mo for Unlimited data. Or at least thats what they gave me.

- Once that is activated and confirmed by Sprint, you can try setting it up on your TomTom. There are a few questions the wizard asks you... the first one I put SprintPCS, the next question is the username, which is (e-mail address removed). You can find out your sprint username for data on their web site when you log in. Then your data password, and the last question about scripts just leave blank and hit ok.

It should work fine after you do all that.

I live in Minneapolis, MN (USA) and Traffic and Weather both work fine. However, i think their forecast/day linkage are faulty, and am finding problems with their traffic data as well, but that's another thread.

However, I haven't been able to figure out how to see Current Conditions, which I thought was something it gave you. I just see a crude forecast. Also, traffic conditions map is showing a snowflake inside a red triangle. I'm not sure why it's showing that because 511mn.org (traffic and road conditions site for this area) is not showing anything going on with snow, and there's nothing out the window. The roads around here are dry and good. So at first glance I'm not super thrilled by it.

Last edited:
Great! I am glad to hear that you got it working. Perhaps you should tell TT so that they can add it to their compatible phone list?

Regarding the weather, the first day listed should be the current weather. You could double-check by temporarily removing your PLUS username from the TT, then you will only get current weather conditions.

Ask a Question