Wireless Data Services w/ Sprint Windows mobile phones?

Anyone got Wireless Data services to work w/ Sprint Windows mobile phones?

I have Sprint HTC Daimond CDMA. I have unlimited data plan. When I paired my phone w/ 720 it showed the following compatible features:

- phone book, hands-free, wireless data, services

I got everything to work except Wireless data part. Supposively when you pair the phone it should also prompt for the following:

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Country - UNITED STATES
4. Access point - blank
5. username - blank
6. password - blank
7. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777 in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts - left blank for logon script

But, I never got any of the above prompts. any ideas? TIA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue with my PPC6700. I have BT with phone book working fine. When I try to set up the data it doesn't work. It USED to work before I upgraded to windows mobile 6 so maybe that has something to do with it.

That should bring up the prompts you need
I got the prompts and entered in the info every which way and it still doesn't work for me. I think it might have something to do with the Custom 6.1 windows mobile rom I am running. didn't feel like backing up / reinstalling to check.

I have T-Mobile, so I have not looked at Sprint settings closely, but I would think you would either have to specify your carrier (I would definitely try that one) and/or put the APN in. Otherwise, it would have no way of knowing what it was to connect to.

Have you looked at all the Sprint settings in the successes in the forum?

I had no trouble pairing (including data) a Touch Diamond with 6.1 - but it was on TMo

Ask a Question