Go910 & Blackberry 9700 - Wireless Data Connection

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
Morning,

I have had a Go910 for just under 3 years and generally have been very pleased with it. It was brilliant on two trips to USA.

I have just upgraded my phone from a Blackberry 9000 Bold to a Blackberry 9700... I pay for traffic and speed cameras however I can't connect the new phone to the 910. Bluetooth connection is fine (can make and receive calls); it is just the wirless data connection that won't work!

TomTom say they don't support the BB 9700... but then they also say they don't support my wife's BB 8520 which connected fine!

When I got the BB 9000 I was sent information on how to manually configure it to connect. The link no longer works and I am going bald from pulling my hair out. T-Mobile have given me the "APN", user name and password however it still doesn't work...

Any ideas will be very much appreciated!

Sean

look here for some possible settings.

Also, try the following for apn:
epc.voicestream.net
blackberry.voicestream.net
internet2.voicestream.net

Also, try using bluetooth on a laptop to connect to the blackberry, it's possible that T-mo accidentally blocked tethering on your account.

Go 910 - bold 9700 connection

It's so hard to get good help these days but I anyone did thier home work they would have told you that you need to enter

apn: epctmobile.com
username: blank
password:blank
auto
auto
string: *99#

Good luck and happy navigating

Alex

Hi,

I've not had to use the TT for a while... I tried the settings you very kindly gave me; however they don't work. I'm based in UK (t-mobile.co.uk is normal web address).

I've searched all over and I think TT would sooner support iphones ...

Such a pain!

Sean

Ask a Question