Update Problems on GO910

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
I am having the same problem as before trying to update my GO910 with the latest map Version 930.5560. When running the update through TomTom Home it stalls when trying to copy the file crpoi.dat and then crashes. Taking the advice I received last time I have unpacked the update zip file and loaded it onto my device manually which works ok. The data now seems to be the updated maps but when I look at the map info vis TomTom Home, the file size reflects the new data but it is still showing the Version Number 529.5560 and when I connect to the TomTom website It is telling me that there is an update for me.
If I checck the Map version number on the actual device it shows the correct version 530.5560
Any ideas on how I make it recognise the correct version within TomTom Home? I have done a Drums reset but it makes no difference.
As a point of interest, Windows has no problem copying the crpoi.dat file that TomTom Home stalls on.

I presume you mean version 930.5560 shows as the version on the device.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

Thanks for your response. Just to make the version numbers that I am seeing very clear as there were a couple of slight typso in my first post.

Before I started this upgrade the version on my device according to the Manage My Device screen on TomTom Home was 925.5409. After my manual upgrade using Windows Explorer the version number actually on the device is showing as 930.5560 but when I look on TomTom Home it is showing as 925.5560, a combination of the two numbers and TomTom Home is therefore trying to upgrade me whenever I connect.

I have done a drum reset but it didn't make any difference.

I await your thoughts.

Home is often notorious for not showing the correct values. If the device shows 930 as the map version, I'd believe it.

Thanks for this. Just for my info, what do the second four digits in the number signify?

Basically, they are used internally by TomTom, the company. The prefix (930) would be the same for all different models but the suffix varies by model.

Ask a Question