730 & Sprint Palm Centro

TomTom Model(s)
G730
First day my Centro paired with my G730, downloaded my address book from the phone and I made a hands free call. Since day one I have not been able to pair these devices. The phone recognizes the 730 and I enter the 4 zero code but does not pair. Any one using this combo have any suggestions?

Since you successfully paired, did you upgrade the tomtom application to the latest 8.35x?

Bluetooth functionality was rewritten in 8.35x (fixing pairing with some models, breaking others), you may want to try the earlier 8.302. Go to home -> remove items -> items on device -> application. Then use winrar to extract this file onto the tomtom.

Thanks mvl. I was having the same problem with my GO730 and a Blackberry 8100. Reverting back to App 8.302 corrected everything. Again, THANKS!

Woops! I thought everything was OK; upon checking the numbers in the phonebook transfered to the 730, none of the names transfered - just numbers. Anyone know how, short of deleting the phone and starting all over, to just transfer the phonebook again?

Thanks in advance.

The phonebook number transfer was one of the main fixes in the bluetooth code rewrite in 8.35x. (And when they did it they broke other phone stuff).

The only thing I've seen that helps in app 8.302 is to do 3 clear flashes, and 3 pin resets. But it doesn't help everybody.

I don't have a Blackberry so I can't be 100% sure, but I think you have to choose between pairing with a bad phonebook transfer (app 8.302), or being unable to pair (app 8.35x).

If that's the case, you'll just have to wait for another software upgrade from Tomtom.

After repeated unsuccesful attempts to transfer the phonebook in its entirety, I agree with your deduction mvl. I'll stay with the 8.302 app and wait to see if they get everything corrected in the next update- no phonebook but at least the bluetooth is there.

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question