Speed camera icon's from pocketgpsworld.com

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
I downloaded a set of speed camera icons for my TT One which worked fine. I tried doing the same for my xxl Classic as I find TT's icon is quite small. It could be the sets don't work with my newer TT with version 9.170 or I am trying to put them in the wrong place. The highest version number on their site is v8 which my One is.

If the gpsworld icons aren't usable is it possible to change the TT icon to a larger size ? Joe

PS I am really happy with my new model, the next hurdle is updating the map before the 30 day rule ends. I am hoping their may be a newer map update before 24 Feb.

Not sure why you didn't post your question at PWGSW but, as it happens, one of the mods there is also a supermod here (Andy_P) so I'm sure he'll respond. Check back

Not sure why you didn't post your question at PWGSW but, as it happens, one of the mods there is also a supermod here (Andy_P) so I'm sure he'll respond. Check back

Hi dhn I was not sure if the site was still been updated Joe

Hi dhn I was not sure if the site was still been updated Joe

You mean PGPSW itself? Or GerryC's external site where there are some more options for speed cam icons?

PGPSW is very much alive and only this week I spoke to GerryC about how TomTom are mangling the icons even more in recent software.

To address your question, you should have no problem using any third-party icons on ANY TomTom, there's no reason they shouldn't work on your newer TT. Must be you're doing something wrong.

Can you be sure you have renamed the icons to EXACTLY the same name as the POI files you want to use them with?

The other issue you might be seeing is that several times TT have changed the way they use the icons when they flash in the top left corner as you approach a POI.

Originally, they just "up-scaled" the normal 22x22 icon which meant they could look quite blocky.

In (I think) v7 software, they allowed the user to add a SECOND 44x44 or 48x48 icon (with "_X2" at the end of the filename) which would be used for the large flashing display. Then they lost the ability to use 48x48 and then they ruined it completely (in v9 I think) by adding a FRAME around the flashing top-left icon.

The frame was a fixed size and the icon (even if you added the double-sized one) was automatically squashed down to go inside the frame. So it ended up barely bigger than the small one.

That's how it is now. Afraid you're stuck with it.

Interestingly, on the new models you can use 24x24 icons and they show slightly larger on the browse map screen.

Hi Andy_P thank you for the reply. I am happy with the classic so will just live with the minor niggle Joe

Ask a Question