So can I expect with my Refurbished TT ??

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
I realize I will have to register the TT 630 and get it back on line with my login for updates etc .. But will I have an issue with my bought Updates??

will my saved .cfgs (?) be a problem to reinstall??

Thanks

You'll need to call CS and ask that they transfer your remaining updates to the new device. Be aware that they are not obligated to.

You'll need to call CS and ask that they transfer your remaining updates to the new device. Be aware that they are not obligated to.

Well I talked to support..,, they gave me an RIA number for my refurbished unit .. and they are making note of my 'change' so wouldn't that assure me that this is taken care of?
I also made mention of my updates and they told me they were aware of this and it will be moved ..

But it was all in spoken trust and nothing on paper ..

Should I approach support again today or wait??

I realize I will have to register the TT 630 and get it back on line with my login for updates etc .. But will I have an issue with my bought Updates??

will my saved .cfgs (?) be a problem to reinstall??

Thanks
Since you will be returning your old unit directly to TomTom under RMA, I think you'll find them to be very cooperative about a transfer of any subscriptions you have purchased from the old unit S/N to the new unit S/N. You'll need to synchronize that effort with Tech Support when you get your new unit. Since they have to swap the subscription over to the new serial number, they might as well manage that change of your old email address as well. It's either that, or you'll have to couple a new email address to everything. When moving a subscription, it's usually easier for them to take your existing account and swap unit serial numbers there rather than start from scratch with a new account.

The only .cfg file that you will likely want to transfer between old and new is the mapsettings.cfg file.

Soi I got my refurb back today .. ( only 6 business days) .. all is fine except I think I have lost my red light camera at various intersections (the icon would show up 15 seconds before crossing the intersection and my sound effect was a shutter lens ..)

Don't have it anymore .. Do I have to install it? or did it come with the 870 map???????

thanks //....

According to widescreenforever's other topic, this is now solved.

almost not quite ..

So I have the red light camera icons back but no shutter speed sound .. The best I can come up with is the mooing cow ...... :rant:

The last time I used the red light cameras that came with 855 it automatically installed the sound of the camera shutter lens .......
:sad:

I could live with a cow, I guess - but prefer the sound of a siren to that of a mechanical camera shutter. Not only gets my attention better in a noisy environment, it also reminds me more of what we're talking about :rolleyes:

Does the camera noise not appear in your list of sound effects?

To be honest, I think it might be coincidence you got that noise for redlight cameras anyway!

No there are only boing type of effects ....The cow was the closest I could pick..

BTW discovered today after three days that the battery that came with my refurb can't give me more than 4 minutes of power compared to my old battery that could furnish me with close to 75 minutes of power...

time for eBay.. there is no way I am going to send the unit back
(46.00 for UPS) when I can buy a battery for the tomtom630 for $17 inc delivery..

You should be able to find a camera shutter sound effect on-line.

Save it in .wav format and load it into the "sounds" folder on the TomTom. Then kit should appear in the sound effects list along with the bongs and moos.

actually on one of my daily updates to TT the red light fixed camera has installed by itself a new sound effect that I never asked for.. but will keep for the time being .. -
a police siren .. :lol:
good enough for now ....

Ask a Question