How often should I expect to recieve a QuickGPSfix Update?

Just wondering because this is my first expierence with this and I found that my xl335s wasent finding a fix on satellites as fast as it used to so I started reading the forums here and found that some people had an issue like i did that was fixed by going into the device and deleting the contents of the ephem folder.....then deleting the ephemeris folder stored on my computer then running the update thus finding the newest update and installing it on my device (I did notice that there was 3 files in the ephem folder on my device unlike when i deleted the contents of that folder b4 the update it only had 2) Now im finding fixes quicker but do i have to do this every week or has the problem been fixed and will it now update through home like its supposed to?

Some people never bother with the gpsquickfix files and find their units function quite well with regular use, capturing a signal within a minute or two. Others sometimes choose to get the file which is usually offered every day.

The method you've listed in your post for 'quickstarting' the download of a new file is used by some when they feel the time to signal capture is dragging beyond a few minutes.

Bottom line: there is no one answer to fit the needs of all users.

Some people never bother with the gpsquickfix files and find their units function quite well with regular use, capturing a signal within a minute or two. Others sometimes choose to get the file which is usually offered every day.

The method you've listed in your post for 'quickstarting' the download of a new file is used by some when they feel the time to signal capture is dragging beyond a few minutes.

Bottom line: there is no one answer to fit the needs of all users.

Ok but the thing is I never recieved a quickgpsfix file (maybe once when i first updated my device) but never since then especially not every day......what could be going on? Yes, I choose to go with the updates.....

Thank you for your quick responce:)

Sometimes resetting the unit helps (hold the power button for about 10 seconds on your unit).

Sometimes resetting the unit helps (hold the power button for about 10 seconds on your unit).

K, Ill try that.....seeing how i allready did the update manually (or at least initiated the update manually) ill report back later to see if i start reciving updates on a daily basis.

Thanks again:)

K, Ill try that.....seeing how i allready did the update manually (or at least initiated the update manually) ill report back later to see if i start reciving updates on a daily basis.

Thanks again:)

Nope I dont get anything daily except map share updates but called customer support about the issue and the man on the other end of the phone said I should only see QuickGPSFix updates once a week. Not daily...

I get it daily, but a different file is given per GPS chip so the frequency may differ per model.

In my experience, to clean up the bug (happens every 6 months or so) go to Manage My Device in HOME and remove quickgpsfix from BOTH the device tab, and all copies from the Computer tab.

After that, update my device gives me a new file daily without the "cleanup process" above.

Ask a Question