"Slow" One XL

TomTom Model(s)
one xl
I have a One XL I got about 2 weeks ago. When I first got it, it would have my location almost right on all the time. Now after adding lots of POIs and a few applications it is acting "slow". It shows my location behind me, sometimes as much as a block or more. As I drive, the screen jumps from one location to the next instead of a smoother "tracing" transition. The voice is still right on and tells me to turn at the right time, but the map seems delayed. I thought it must be because I was filling up the memory. So, I got a 2gb card and copied everything to it then deleted everything on the internal memory. It is still running the same. The menus seem to go a little faster, but the map still shows my location behind where I really am (unless I am stopped). Any ideas how I can keep all my added things and still have the speed I had in the beginning?

I definitely have a lot of POIs enabled. I really don't want to disable any POIs but I also don't like the delay in my position :( How many POIs do you think can be enabled before this kind of slow down starts to be apparent? I guess I really want to have my cake and eat it too, but I would hope it's possible in this day and age ;)

YOu can turn them on and off with a few simple pushes of the screen... Even fewer if you use a custom menu and put the Hide POI button on the main menu... I only turn mine on when I'm just cruising and have nothing better to do...

The problem is definitely the POIs. 3rd-party POIs are especially bad for slowing down your device. The more are on, the slower it will be.

The only option is to turn some off, or buy a TT with a faster processor. As 1XL-on-XR650L points out, the ONE is not exactly the powerhouse of the pack.

It may not be a powerhouse, but I can tell you it's the RAM that makes a difference. In my XLS with 64mb of ram, I do not see much of a slowdown with the TT920 POIs turned on. The redraws are a little more pronounced, but my arrow does not drag too far from my current position at all (and normally it's bang on).

It may not be a powerhouse, but I can tell you it's the RAM that makes a difference. In my XLS with 64mb of ram, I do not see much of a slowdown with the TT920 POIs turned on. The redraws are a little more pronounced, but my arrow does not drag too far from my current position at all (and normally it's bang on).
True that RAM will make a big difference, but I believe that the biggest differentiator in your case is the fact that you are using TT's POIs, not 3rd-party ones. 3rd-party POIs always cause a pronounced slow-down.

That it true too... There was a "larger" difference when I had a bunch of 3rd party ones installed, but that difference was acceptable enough to keep them shown. But the screen draw performance is much smoother when all POI are turned off... That's a given! :)

Ask a Question