Simply Navigation Question

Simple Navigation Question

I have a TT One 3rd Edition and after updating the maps, my neighborhood is still not available.

So I designated Home to be the closest cross street that shows up on the map.

My problem is when I plan a route, TomTom never starts from what I have designated my Home, but rather from my current position, inside my house. And since my entire neighborhood is not in the database, it gets very confused on how to get me to the nearest known road.

Any suggestions on how I can make Home actually the starting point for navigations?

Last edited:
Well, this is not the complete solution, but you can mark your home as home. the unit will not navigate back there but it will point you to the nearest street from there.

then set your previous closest street location as a favorite and you can at least navigate back to that point.

I would use 'Prepare route'. When it asks you for your start point, select 'Home'.

('Prepare route' is used for planning when the start point is NOT your current location, or when you don't have a satellite fix.)

Note: If you get the screen asking you to select country or state, press 'Cancel' to get to the next page of options.

Last edited:

Ask a Question