Seriously bad timing!

Hi, I'm on holiday in the US with my TomTom One 2nd edition, WE maps on the internal HD and using US and Canada maps on an SD card... somehow managed to eject the SD card when taking the TT off the screen mount and it appears to have corrupted the card.
I don't have any means of reinstalling the data on the card - the back up is at home on the puter!
I have reloaded the application without any effect. In Home it doesn't show the maps, but the maps are definitely there.
I presume that there is a pref file that gets whacked when this sort of thing happens, but I haven't a clue which one it would be.
Any suggestions would be welcome... other than "always carry a back up!"

Yes, several times.
It just remains hanging on the startup screen with the hand.
I've pulled everything off the card, reformatted it, tried copying everything from the internal drive except the WE map then put the US map on, that got me a little further into the loading but then I only managed to get a blue screen and no further.
Since I posted this I have spoken to TT twice. The first time they sent me a manual system to install. That's didn't do it and I've had to conclude, as I had before I spoke to them, that the problem lay in the map folder somewhere.
Right now I'm downloading a new map after they added the latest one into my TT account.
Can't complain at that... as long as it solves the problem!

Just a note to confirm that the TomTom support was excellent. The new map did solve the problem and everything is working perfectly.
What has also come out of this is that I now have a much greater understanding of how the whole thing works and that having gone through the logical troubleshooting sequences that I would normally do when sorting out my client's Mac problems I arrived at the right solution. I'm just grateful to TomTom for giving me the map instead of the half-expected rebuy. 10/10.

Ask a Question