Search Mode

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540TM
Hello Fellow members,
Is there a search method?
I want to know if the XXL540TM covers Baha Mexico areas like Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo. I am sure someone has already asked this before but, I have already tried the search screen and got no hits. Maybe, I do not know how to search the history file. How do I do this or has anyone used it in those area's?

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

I'm going to move your post to the forum for your model and hopefully someone with knowledge in that area will respond.

I do know that TomTom's coverage of Mexico leaves much to be desired, with only 44% coverage of the country (not much compared to 99% for US and Canada.

You can put something like 'Mexico' in the Search button at the top of the screen and select to show as posts (not threads). See if anything of use does show up.

You can preview the Teleatlas map on a TomTom unit will cover your area of Mexico by going to the Teleatlas site. I will agree that their coverage of Mexico is pretty pitiful, but you may be one of the lucky ones.

If you go to the Teleatlas link here and pretend you are about to correct a map error, you'll see their current map for the area in question: Map Insight

Select English. Select Mexico. Select Puerto Vallarta (or pick your city). Zoom in to see what's there.

Puerto Vallarta is pretty well mapped. Mazatlan is not. Cabo is OK.

Ask a Question