Sd Map Question

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one le
I download the USA-Canada map onto a SD card. When I went to use my tomtom one I had lost all my voices and color schemes, ect. My question is each time you download a map onto an SD card, do you lose all your settings, the tomtom does not pick up the settings from the unit itself ?? On the unit itself, all the voices and color schemes where there. I wanted no maps on the unit, and have all the maps on sd cards.

Thanks for help.

I have a TomTom One as well. The unit only works with the built-in memory, or the card, but not both at the same time.

Since the built-in memory is 1GB, it only makes sense to use an SD card if it's 2GB or larger.

I had some trouble getting my TT1 to work with the SD card, but the best way for me was to connect the TT1 via USB and to put the SD card in my laptop's built-in SD card reader.

Then navigate to both the TT1 and the SD card via My Computer, and it's a simple matter of drag and drop. Once complete (it can take a while to transfer), turn off the TT1, put the SD card in your TT1, and turn it on and it should work fine.

Did you lose your Favorites too? In this case, the solution may be in transferring the Mapsettings.cfg file from the old map to the new. It's inside the map folder.

Ask a Question