sd card not being recognised

I have a 1 GB SD card with MP3 files on but the TOMTOM 920T will not recognise it, but when I connect it to the computer it picks up the additional card.
I would like to load up a 4 GB SD card with MP3 music files but do not want to buy it if it will not work

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated:

I have a 1 GB SD card with MP3 files on but the TOMTOM 920T will not recognise it, but when I connect it to the computer it picks up the additional card.
I would like to load up a 4 GB SD card with MP3 music files but do not want to buy it if it will not work

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated:

Is it formatted for fat32 and are the mp3 files in a folder called mp3 (all lower case)? Also, try a pin reset with the card in the unit.

SD card not recognized

:mad: I have the same problem I formatted my card and it's loaded with mp3
songs but tomtom 930 is not detecting it . If you transfer songs it directly goes to tomtom internal memory but it doesn't work with the SD card :mad: .

Is it formatted for fat32 and are the mp3 files in a folder called mp3 (all lower case)? Also, try a pin reset with the card in the unit.

Moved all mps into a folder (mp3) as suggested and it works you are a star many thanks

I moved an mp3 file to an mp3 folder on my otherwise empty 2Gb SD card, and my TT 920 will find and play the mp3 file OK. But, TT Home (2.3.1.92) does not show any files on the SD card when I select the Memory Card device and select Show contents of my GO.

So, I pulled the SD card out and looked at it on my PC. It is formatted FAT, so I re-formatted it FAT32 and put some more mp3 files on it. Now, the TT still plays the mp3 files on the SD card, but TT Home still shows nothing on the SD card.

So, it doesn't seem to matter (for mp3 playback anyway) whether the SD card is FAT or FAT32. But why won't TT Home show me the files on the SD card?

btw, (since I already have a 40Gb mp3 player) what I really want is to put the Eupope map on the SD card, to free up space internally. Do you need FAT32 for maps on the SD card?

Ask a Question