School Zones?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 910
Ok, so is this something that could possibly be done?

Not sure how, but it would be cool if it would flash something during school zone time schedules or maybe just a notification that one is near?

Later,
Aaron

I don't have a custom POI for this but I use TomTom's POI. I enable the college/university POI. Since I have a 910, I can manuallly select a specific text warning when I approach it.

George, I downloaded your school zone POI and opened it using POI edit and I see 7-eleven entries. Is this correct?

I don't have a custom POI for this but I use TomTom's POI. I enable the college/university POI. Since I have a 910, I can manuallly select a specific text warning when I approach it.

George, I downloaded your school zone POI and opened it using POI edit and I see 7-eleven entries. Is this correct?

"manually select a specific text warning..."

How do you do this :)

Thanks,
Aaron

Go to your prefence menu and find 'Manage POIs'. From there select warn near POI and select the POI category like the school zone one. It then another menu pops up give you options such as using a beep for the warning. The last option is "Enter your own text". Select that and type in what you would like it to say when you approach near the POI.

School Zones???confused

Hey Giorgio- I downloaded the Schoolzones.zip and I am getting 7-11 locations. Does it have the wrong ov2 file? thanks:confused: ::

Hey Giorgio- I downloaded the Schoolzones.zip and I am getting 7-11 locations. Does it have the wrong ov2 file? thanks:confused: ::

Giorgio, the same thing is happening with the Bubba Gump file...open it and it displays 'Seven Eleven'. :)

Must be the Chili Dogs! ;)

ML

I thought you were talking about my post I had mention about including your own poi verbal warning for the 910.
For non910 users, I could make a custom POI alert.

School Zones POI

Hello to all and thanks for your info I made a school, zone Poi for all of us to use and insert schools zones I used a 7-11 file I thought I has erased all info in it Im sorry for the miss info.......please delete all addresses!

As for Bubba gump No clue.....I got info from web site....

P.S. just checked my Bubba Gump Poi no 7-11 info in it (?)

OK George I found the Bubba Gump info at the bottom of the file, 24 locations! :eek: The rest of the file has 7-11 info so I'll delete it and all will be kosher.

Thanks for the reply! :)

ML

Ask a Question