Can't add schools?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 700 and Go 720
I tried to add a school using MapShare and that POI category wasn't available for me to add to.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried to add a school using MapShare and that POI category wasn't available for me to add to.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Using the unit or Home? Do you have the category checked to show in Preferences?

Using the unit or Home? Do you have the category checked to show in Preferences?

Yes, and using the unit. When I try to add a missing POI (gas station, restaurant, etc) it typically works fine. I tried to add a school, but that category just wasn't in the list.

Yes, and using the unit. When I try to add a missing POI (gas station, restaurant, etc) it typically works fine. I tried to add a school, but that category just wasn't in the list.

Try this......using Home and the unit connected, navigate to Add Maps/Traffic Voices, (next screen) Points of Interest, next screen, when it gets populated, do you see Schools (as well as Fire Stations and Playing Fields) [with a location of Computer]?

If so, select 'Add' for schools and install.

I moved some school POIs before...they were no longer listed under schools. They showed up under Colleges & Universities.

BTW: If you edited POIs like schools, fire stations, playing fields...they are not MapShared.

So....I had to add a school and just put it under MapShare's colleges and unis

I noticed the same thing. The 'schools' POI category has a handful of the private schools in town but none of the public schools so I wanted to add them. It doesn't make any sense to me to add them as Colleges & Universities, since currently that only contains Colleges & Universities!

Ask a Question