What happened to the REAL school POI???

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I'm wondering what the heck happened to the second set of school poi's that used to be there. Now with 815 maps I see there is only 1 set of schools, and it only contains child care, nurseries, cosmetology, but no real schools like technical schools, high schools, etc. I've tried searching for all my schools I normally used to find on my old 810 databse with no problem, but 815 they are all gone.

I didn't just search in the "school" category, I searched through the "all poi" option.

"D G Erwin Technical Center" is something that used to come up on the 810 database in Tampa, FL but not the 815.

Did TomTom screw up hear by leaving out a massive amount of schools?

Just for the heck of it, use Home to see items on your computer and see whether poi's are listed and, if so, what ones.

I don't pay attention with v810 map, but with v815, the high school in my town is shown while one in next town isn't.

Well I just got a reply about this from TomTom email and their solution was... ready for this?!?!?! To restore my 810 map!

Their email basically said that prior to downloading 815 I should have made a backup of 810, and that I should restore map 810.

Say WHAT!?!?!?:confused: :mad:

Ask a Question