New XL owner - School zones

G'day,

Just picked up a new XL a few days ago. Red light camera warnings seem to be on by default, however I'm not so sure about school zones and fixed speed cameras. I know for sure that school zones are not enabled. I've had a look through all the menus and can't seem to find the option to turn this on. I'm from Sydney, Australia if the fix to this is to download POI's from a website. And, if it is POI driven, will school zones be a defined area or zone, or literally just a dot on a map? I hope the former.

Also - is there a way to keep audible alerts (cameras etc.) on while turning off/down the voice?

Cheers,

Greg

I know for sure that school zones are not enabled. I've had a look through all the menus and can't seem to find the option to turn this on. I'm from Sydney, Australia if the fix to this is to download POI's from a website. And, if it is POI driven, will school zones be a defined area or zone, or literally just a dot on a map? I hope the former.

Go to preferences -> Safety Preferences -> warn when near place of worship or schools. I believe it's POI-driven, I'm not sure how close you have to be for the warning to occur.

Also - is there a way to keep audible alerts (cameras etc.) on while turning off/down the voice

Don't know, I don't use the safety camera feature. (There are no fixed cameras in Boston, only mobile ones.)

Also, it doesn't seem to show me what street I am turning into next......
Preferences -> Street name preferences -> Show next street name

Ask a Question