Sad old Go 520

.............. and another couple of little bits I've discovered:
The details of the ttgo.bif file was taken by plugging the Go into my Mac, file dug out of the 'INTERNAL' directory, opened with the text editor, then taken as a screenshot. All easy and straightforward.
Out of curiosity I then switched on the Go, TomTom Home2 launched, offered me yet another update of the GPS quickfix and the Western European maps.
When I tried to tell it to go ahead, it said there was no memory card installed.
I was installed, I stopped everything and turned the Go back on as a standalone Satnav and gave it a destination in Spain - which it successfully found and gave me a route to.
There's obviously something awry with the Mac version of TomTom Home 2 - so I've uninstalled it............
Another irony I've noticed is that the Go appears to work on a Linux-based OS. That is also my OS of choice for my laptops, yet TomTom don't appear to offer a Home, or My Drive Connect, version to operated under Linux - and it's open source and FREE to them.
Hmmmmm :confused:
Will

And the answer is ....
9.541. That should serve you well. It takes care of the 'week number rollover' issue that was the reason for this latest update.

And the answer is ....
9.541. That should serve you well. It takes care of the 'week number rollover' issue that was the reason for this latest update.
Thanks, canderson.
I'm much indebted to you for saving it.
I don't know how long it will be before the Go becomes unusable but it will certainly serve me well for quite a time, especially running round locally where, being in the booneys, roads don't change very often - if ever.
Will

Ask a Question